This months Set of the Month is one of the biggest sets ever produced Mega Bloks, the 97117 Forward Unto Dawn set.
This set was a Toys-R-Us exclusive set but can be found elsewhere and contained a massive 2877 pieces.
The model itself was a Charon-class light frigate called the Forward Unto Dawn that was over 37 inches long. The model itself was packed with bricks to give the model strength and makes a compact model with very little empty space inside apart from a central corridor. It comes with heavy duty displays stands made from bricks on which a nameplate for the ship can be mounted.
The Forward Unto Dawn was a central ship to the events of Halo 3 and at the end of the game it was ripped apart and sections of it appear in Halo 4, but with a heavy redesign.
- February 11, 2013: Mega Brands announced the brand new Mega Bloks Halo Authentic Collectors Series. This includes four light and sound enhanced playsets including the UNSC Night-Ops Gausshog, the UNSC Hornet, the dual-mode UNSC Anti-Armor Cobra and the all new UNSC Pelican Gunship.
- February 11, 2013: Mega Brands announced the brand new Mega Bloks First Builders™ preschool construction toys including the all-new Billy Beats Dancing Piano. Billy Beats dances to the beat of 8 different pre-programmed songs or those composed by the budding musician. Billy Beat's colorful light-up keys help teach children to play by following along, and kids will love the piano, wacky DJ and cute animal sounds.
- February 10, 2013: Mega Brabds announced new sets in its Hot Wheels line such as the ripcord-powered Build and Race assortment, the motorized 3-in-1 Super Blitzen Monster Truck with custom parts for three vehicle transformations, or the Urban Agent Escape Rig with missile launchers and vehicle stunt ramp. The new sets include exclusive Team Hot Wheels collectible micro-action-figures.
- December 4, 2012: Mega Brands announced the launch of Mega Bloks Barbie designed specifically for girls. Mega Bloks Barbie invites girls to build, design and decorate their own Barbie world with compatible playsets and mini-fashion figures. From a Luxury Mansion to a Fashion Boutique and even Barbie doll’s signature pink convertible car.
- August 28, 2012: Mega Brands announced the second Halo Toymation Fest, a community-driven competition in which Halo fans can create and submit their own Mega Bloks Halo toymations.
- May 30, 2012:Mega Brands announced a global licensing partnership Activision Blizzard to develop Mega Bloks toys inspired by Skylanders Giants™, the sequel to 2011's Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™. The sets will be released in the Autumn/Fall.
- March 29, 2012: Mega Brands announced a global licensing partnership with Mattel, to produce construction toys based on Barbie® and Hot Wheels®. The new lines will be available in spring 2013.
The Mega Bloks Barbie™ collection will provide girls with a completely new Barbie play experience.
With a focus on creative play and customization. The line will feature Barbie and her friends in a buildable world of fashion and dream locations. The Mega Bloks Hot Wheels™ collection will centre on performance, stunts and the coolest cars.
- February 15, 2012: Mega Brands launched its new Mega Bloks Halo Universe Metal Series sets. The Mega Bloks Halo Universe “Metal Series” collector’s line will include small scale replica figurines and vehicles. The new diecast Halo Universe vehicles include moving parts and will add a very collectible element to the series. Each set in the collection will include a zinc figurine and terrain plates.
- February 15, 2012: Mega Brands launched its new range of Mega Bloks Power Rangers construction toys. The Mega Bloks Power Rangers Super Samurai line will be available this autumn and will include minifigures and sets from the TV show. The Mega Bloks Power Rangers Super Samurai line includes new products such as Micro Action Figures (series 3), Hero packs, Pocket racers, 2-in-1 Zords, the Claw Armour Megazord and more.
- October 31,2011: Mega Brands announces that it has signed an agreement with Marvel Entertainment, to feature Spider-Man and other classic comic book characters in RoseArt 3D Create ‘n’ Color products.
- October 4,2011: Mega Brands announces that it has signed an agreement with online games developer and entertainment firm, Mind Candy, to develop creative toys based on the Moshi Monsters.
- August 25,2011: Mega Bloks launched a Toymation competition to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the hugely successful Halo franchise.
- June 13,2011: Mega Brands announces that it has signed an agreement with Blizzard Entertainment to produce World Of Warcraft Sets and Starcraft II.
- May 31,2011: Mega Brands announces that it is extending its deal with Microsoft to produce Halo sets.
- May 26,2011: Mega Brands announces an expansion of the deal with HIT Entertainment to produce more Thomas and Friends sets.
- May 10,2011: Mega Brands announces deal to release Power Rangers Sumarai sets in early 2012.
- March 15, 2011: Mega Brands announces plans to release new Pre-School toy range based on Hello Kitty.
- February 15, 2011: Mega Brands releases new Pre-School toys such as the 3-in-1 Build ‘n Go Walker, The Tub Town Collection and The Build‘n Go Wagon.
- February 14, 2011: MEGA Brands premieres the 3D BreakThrough™, its all-new innovation in 3-dimensional (3D) puzzles.
- February 13, 2011: MEGA Brands launches its brand new Mega Bloks Need for SpeedTM Authentic Collector’s Series today at the 2011
American International Toy Fair. Then Mega Bloks Need for Speed line combines the world’s best-selling racing video game franchise with the core play pattern of vehicle building. Need for Speed building sets showcase some of the world most iconic and exotic sports cars such as the Audi R8, Nissan GT-R and Porsche Turbo.
- January 3, 2011: Kiloo Games releases Mega Bloks app for Iphone.
- November 30: MEGA Brands announce a licensing partnership with Electronic Arts to develop construction toys based on Need for Speed.
- November 30: MEGA Brands are holding an Open House for new designers on Thursday, December 2.
- October 05: Mega Bloks® Partners with Cartoon Network Enterprises to Create Construction Toys Based on Generator Rex.
- October 01: Mega Bloks® Launches its First-Ever Colorful iPhone and iPad App Toy for
- September 30: Mega Bloks® signs a deal with London-based Ludorum to produce a range of Chuggington construction toys.
- September 27: Mega Bloks®’ Adventures on Misty Island from the Mega Bloks® Thomas
& Friends® construction toy line was named one of the ‘HOT 20 TOYS’ for the 2010
holiday season by The Toy Insider.
- August 10: MEGA Brands Launches a Buildable World of Ultimate Battle, DRAGONS